About This Project
YMCA of Greater Houston worked with RFS Sports‘ design team to achieve a solution that answered three challenges YMCA was facing with past locker systems:
- Extreme use, moisture, and pool chemicals caused early deterioration resulting in an unsafe product
- Flexibility in their programming to switch the same locker between assigned “rental” mode and “day-use” mode without requiring to switch out batteries or change locks
- High Design: The YMCA wanted the product to look less “institutional,” thereby cultivating a positive new user experience
The Combi®PRO checked in on all counts meeting all the requirements and more.
- DURABILITY: Solid cast Zamac body and superb moisture resistance were the perfect combination to stand up to the demands of heavy use in a wet environment
- FLEXIBILITY: Free and assigned modes on same lock improved the member experience, as they no longer needed to bring their own locks. Additionally, managment was pleased to no longer have to manage keys and battery changes.
- DESIGN: Sharp, distinctive design were an excellent complement to the sleek new lockers